Wednesday, June 2, 2010

3rd confrontation


Last Thursday we had our third confrontation. The last one before handing in our project in august.

Tips and comments on my project (short notes).


Go more into models, research each site, go closer into situations you find interesting. Human scale and materials.

Goal is to connect sites again to the Icelandic situation.

Dealing with slow architecture (origin in slow food movement, opposite of fast food). -you build because you need.

The space I don´t touch is equally important as the space I do touch.

Confronting my own culture, beware of coming too emotional.

Juxtapositions.

Vernacular Culture.

Emphasizing the voids.

Questioning sustainability.

People are given more power to participate.



Registrations, walk"a"map, site-sketch books



1:10 000 10-site models. (one to the right is upside down....)



1:1000 landscape born... some earlier analysis on top.




My workspace






No comments:

Post a Comment